Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Happening

Before I tell you the first strange thing that happened to me, I want to explain something that I've been experiencing since I moved in. Whenever staring at small stationary things they tend to move slightly and very slowly. For example. There are these holes in my ceiling that look like insects crawling away from each other if you stare at them the right way, kind of like the phenomena that happens when you stare for too long an the lights begin to dim.




Here is the actual story:
It happened on Sunday, 6/27/10. I was sitting at
my computer around noon that day. My
Mountain Dew can was to the left of me, and out of the corner of my eye it looked like it was moving. I thought it was this weird, aforementioned effect happening. So I stared at it trying to see how far it could move on the table. It did not stop until it moved to the point where it altered plastic caps on my table. The image displays the set up after I moved the can back over to where it was and then placed my TV remote next to it so I could see if it moved again.

I did take the time to try to move it again via lifting my table to see if it slid due to an uneven table. I tried to blow on it to see if my AC unit moved it. There was a line of condensation on the table the distance that it moved. The can was a little less than half empty when it moved. I could not budge the can in any of my attempts to recreate the event.

1 comment:

  1. sorry to burst your bubble but if you have a container of something very cold and it has a lot of condensation, the condensation collects on the table and causes it to move. you especially see this with cans because aluminum is pretty light.

    ReplyDelete